Thursday 17 April 2014

“Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night.”
- Philip K Dick

Well look who's here!

Not me but a face from the distant past! (That sounds like an episode summary - Billy must confront a mysterious figure from his youth, a man known only as fiftywatt!!! {played by Anton Rodgers probably, or maybe Derek Guyler}).
Hello to the shadowy figure of fiftywatt, the first non spambot commenter I've had in a long time, also proprietor of a wonderfully witty blog (http://familiar-unknown.blogspot.co.uk). I can dredge up almost as much TV and movie ephemera as him, but he can phrase it so much better.

In other news life creeps on. Since Billie became independent of transport, and my shifts changed, I'm seeing her maybe once or twice a week, and savings on Dad Taxi petrol outgoings, I can pass on to her in the form of cash (tongue mostly in cheek).

Whilst apparently I'm in the top 10% of earners in the world, I must be doing something spectacularly wrong in this,or (heaven forbid) previous lives (a strange sentence from a devout atheist eh?). 

A leaving do next week, and despite it only being April my first night out of the year, where can I buy a mumu on short notice? A very scant list of attendees to boot, especially since it's for four! separate leavings, I didn't even warrant my own night apparently! Just a quarter of one.

My three Nurse Practitioner colleagues have all been on holiday this week , so I find myself in the unique situation of not only being lonely at home, but at work also, go figure.

Popular culture update - well not much recently, welcome back Game of Thrones (home to literally ALL British and Irish character actors) and Madmen of course, Hannibal and Cosmos remain excellent viewing, but movie wise all I've watched this week was a blu ray of "Blue Thunder". Perfect if like me you love a good formulaic 80s actioner, but some (most?) might find it extremely cheesy and trope heavy, but that's a combination I like, plus it's hard not to warm to Roy Scheider in anything!
(Since Billie asked me to fund her netflix subscription, I suddenly find myself with on demand access too, consequently I binged watched Series 3 & 4 of Blackadder last weekend, such wit and wordplay!)

I see your Nat Jackley Con-Apts and raise you my Edward Malin Mo-Pad ! 



“Contrary to general belief, I do not believe that friends are necessarily the people you like best, they are merely the people who got there first” - Peter Ustinov






No comments: