Saturday 20 December 2014

“My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.”
- Spike Milligan


I've been a bit poorly this week. Just a cold mind you, but enough to make me feel miserable. I've been on holiday too. I don't really enjoy holidays any more. Of course they are preferable to work, but I miss the company, and what's left of the banter. Since Billie went away, I live an almost solitary life.

I'm really not indulging in self pity, most of the time my company is fine.
I'm not a snob, I just don't relate easily with people anymore.

Physically and mentally I'm a bit of a mess. I simply must lose weight. It's become a real problem, not only regarding my health, but I simply can't get clothes to fit anymore. I had to miss my Christmas night out, as the only real option for party wear was to cut a hole in a duvet cover (to be honest I wasn't feeling well either).

I drove down to Liverpool to bring Billie home for Christmas, the trip was atrocious, abysmal weather, heavy traffic, and unnecessary anxiety from yours truly.
I used to enjoy motorway driving, but the last few trips have been hellish sweaty palm rides, it seems almost everything worries me these days.

In some good news, Billie seems to love both Liverpool and University. This is genuinely a source of great comfort to me, it really is.

Anyway, dear reader, I've made some dietary changes, and been taking a little gentle exercise (and I don't just mean the stairs at work). I'm even considering going back to my GP for antidepressants. Let's see if I can change things, just a little eh?
“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.” - Kurt Vonnegut




No comments: