Sunday 16 May 2010

“"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot"”

Well, I'm sure you are a little curious about this long gap between posts? You aren't? Fair enough.But if you insist, I simply didn't feel like it.
Frankly, I simply didn't feel like anything, in all senses.

I had my birthday (and thank goodness Billie was here, otherwise I probably would have vanished in some kind of nostalgia feedback implosion) all I got was older.
Then it was Billies birthday, she's all of a sudden 14, which seems so much less of a child than 13 (duh!). My point being that pretty much the only useful role I served (i.e. Parent) has eroded even further.
Last week all my neuroses and anxieties finally got a bit too much for me and I gave in and went to see my GP (for the first time in six years !).
He offered me counselling and some time off work which I initially refused. The next day however, I decided to recant.

So here I am, Sunday afternoon, pouring down outside, 'on the sick'.
And what a week to 'pick'. My usual support system, namely my Mam, and Billie, are both going away (and to different destinations - coincidence fans) on holiday, So I shall pretty much have a week, alone, without even the distraction of work. But mental health, alas, doesn't consult a timetable.

However I'm quite looking forward to seeing a counsellor, is that wrong?
I mustn't just vegetate over the next week or so. I've plenty to do around the house, and all signs are the weather will be good. You just know how this is going to turn out don't you?

...And finally, Billie stayed over last night and my movie choice was 'Psycho' ! Ironic subconscious or simply a good movie? probably both (although to be honest, our previous film was 'The Birds' ,which she also enjoyed) .

(Emmylou Harris is my new musical obsession)


“I'm sorry to say so but, sadly it's true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you” - Dr. Seuss


No comments: