Sunday 2 September 2012

“The best way to keep children at home is to make the home a pleasant atmosphere, and let the air out of the tires.”

- Dorothy Parker


Here we go again.

You find me feeling rather low (so?) even by my own standards.
That horrible end of 'holiday' feeling, coupled with night shift tomorrow (which I am well documented to loathe), being a miserable sod, plus most worryingly, I had a bit of a falling out with my beloved daughter earlier.
Details aren't important, lets just say that while I've been off, she's only visited me once, and that was over two weeks ago.
An extra fly in the ointment was seeing the vast haul of stuff that my Niece had brought back from Florida for her Dad (ie my Brother) today. Simply put I was jealous, not of the swag, but the sentiment.
Billie is only 16 though, and we mostly get on, I just need a rational voice in my ear (other than my own) every now and then to remind me of these things.

I'm so incredibly lonely, especially tonight.

About an hour ago I found I had tears streaming down my face (where else would they go?). What was that about? I can suddenly and vividly recall how I felt when I was 'ill' two years ago,
I don't want to go there again...

I'm feeling really guilty too. Payday this week , and I ordered an obscenely expensive pair of headphones from Amazon as my ( September 2008) £93,000 (it's actually an interesting story, I must have mentioned it back then) pair of Sennheiser HD595s have finally fallen apart, RIP old friends, you have served me well.
Guilty?
I really really can't afford to spend that much on anything, so absolutely no Cd's, Blu Rays, books, and probably food for the next couple of months...

this series is fabulous...


“Every great man nowadays has his disciples, and it is always Judas who writes the biography” - Oscar Wilde

 



No comments: