Thursday 14 March 2013

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
- Audrey Hepburn

I've nothing much to say, but what else is new?

Billie was so very upset yesterday. She's having problems with her Mam, and my heart bleeds to hear the sadness in her voice.
I heard my phone ringing, as I walked into the changing room at work yesterday, unusual in itself, and I ended up talking to her for half an hour vainly trying to understand what she was saying between sobs. Whether what she says is true or just her teenage perception of events, I have to side with her, she's my raison d'etre. I felt so powerless, what could I do but listen? I spoke to her today and she seems a little happier, thank goodness. What an awful parent I am...

Speaking of changing rooms, I got my new uniforms last week. I'm a vision in powder blue scrubs. Apart from a lack of pockets and a draw string waist, they are tolerable, but I miss the old uniforms already. Due to my habitus, I've resorted to wearing braces under the scrub top. Hilarious!

I had my first CBT appointment over the phone today. The anticipation of which ironically made me more anxious than I've felt in weeks. I've homework for next week!






“The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.” - Mark Twain





No comments: