Tuesday 27 August 2013

“What makes old age hard to bear is not the failing of one's faculties, mental and physical, but the burden of one's memories”
- William Somerset Maugham

Hello there.

My interest in "blogging" is waning, but you probably guessed that. Posts are less frequent, and blander and blander than ever.

Next week hopefully I'll have a job interview. More on that at a later date, In all its potentially ungory detail.

A couple of weeks ago Billie suddenly, out of the blue wanted to go to York, to do some holiday shopping. So £30 of petrol later, We bought nothing.
However I did twist my ankle rather badly. I simply went over it, and fell into the road, near Marks and Spencers, if that's of any interest.
Heaven knows how I managed to drive home. It was swollen and bruised for days, and still still hurts. my main annoyance is rather than my already shot right ankle it was my relatively pristine left, I'm so old...

Billie has been in Tenerife for well over a week, with only one brief message in that time, I'm reflecting on just how alone I am in the world. When she goes to University next year, I shall be so bored (even more than today? is that even possible?), and lonely, well let's worry about that then shall we?
I'm on holiday for a week, and 3 days into it I am so bored, I cannot describe the tedium.  (well I could but that would be even more tedious).
I've therefore had even more sparetime than usual.

All alone, all weekend, I watched virtually all of Season 6 on "True Blood" in one go, and you know what? it was actually pretty good, preposterous of course, but fun.
"Breaking Bad" continues to excel, but "Dexter" has jumped the proverbial shark, goodbye old friend.
I watched "The life and death of Colonel Blimp" and blu-ray last night, whay a wonderful, sentimental, but surprisingly modern film. That means of course I must watch "A matter of life and death" very soon.

I've been so tired and sleepy recently, then a few days ago I started taking my antidepressants at night and wham bam, I'm sleeping all night, and awake during the day.

Only seven weeks until we go to Florida, and thankfully, after five long weeks, it's finally payday this week, here's hoping...




“Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.” - Lewis Carroll







No comments: