Wednesday 18 September 2013

“To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.”
- Mark Twain


Blimey ! I didn't realise it was so long since the last post (fanfare?).
Since then the weather has gone from hot to peri-winter, I had to put the central heating on last night for goodness sake!

Mini disaster #1 bedroom window leaking after rainstorm. I had/have a collection of jars, bottles and buckets to collect the water!

Mini disaster #2 , I messed up my interview, big time! Once again I put all my time into the presentation, which I thought went well, and fell flat on a couple of questions I didn't research. I won't hear for several more days, but I'm far from confident (very far indeed, over the border and well into negative).
I'm really not that bothered to be absolutely honest. A little increase in salary and status would be nice, but I can retire in 7 years dagnabit!

I attended the inquest yesterday. I have previously attended and based my expectations on that. Yesterday although obviously sad and tragic, was over in a little over 4 hours, as opposed to the five days of the earlier inquest. I only spoke for around 15 minutes, last time it was over 45.

In good news we are off to Orlando in four weeks. I still have no spending money or attraction tickets, but the holiday itself is all paid for, and it's payday next week.

Speaking of spending money, and I am, I came very close to buying the new GTA game tonight, but apart from the expense, the last thing I need is another way of wasting time, and from the sound of it the game sounds like a mega time thief.

We've only a few weeks left before what's left of my old ward is absorbed into a new unit. I'll miss it all, but who knows (actually pretty much everybody) the new situation may be wonderful...



 

“Whatever you say, say it with conviction”

 

 



No comments: