Sunday 13 March 2011

“Most people with low self-esteem have earned it”
- George Carlin

It must feel good to have a passion. A passion for something, anything, good or bad, right or wrong, that drive must give a purpose, a purpose I envy. My overarching problem is, of course, apathy. Apathy for myself, the world around me, and the situation, or lack of it I find myself in. The only thing I actually care about is my Daughter, and this whole 'teenage' thing has me sidelined for a few years. 

Really, how dare I be bored whilst on holiday? I can instantly think of a dozen things. useful and trite, I could be doing, but plainly am not (how's my grammar?).

Anyway, I'm half way through a fortnight off, and the self pitying thumb twiddling is in full effect. Sadly due to our impending holiday, I can't even rely on retail therapy, or 'buying stuff' as I prefer to call it, for a bit of a lift.

Maybe I picked the wrong week to stop my medication?

Should have ended on a joke...


The new unthanks album is reassuringly bleak, upon first listen at least (no youtube videos yet)...



"I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?" - Bill Hicks




No comments: