Monday 7 March 2011

“I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations.”

Billie was very, very upset yesterday. She found out, in an almost sit-com style set up, that her Mother has been seeing - A Man!

She reacted, by packing a bag and demanding to stay with me. I disagreed, and persuaded her to stay at 'home', and sort it out. 
Of course that is the briefest of synopsis, and I spent the whole evening trying to resolve the matter. 
The two strangest things outcomes - I was invited into my ex-wife's home for the first time ever (they've lived there 7 years now), to 'talk' , and secondly, and I admit rather selfishly, I realised that I was a little upset too. Don't misunderstand,  I have no lingering feelings for her, but like the big child I am, my concerns were how this new 'guy' would affect my relationship with Billie (i.e. does he have money?) - go figure. 
Today, the next day, It's not such a worry, and Billie, via text, is feeling a little better.
"The Child is Father of the man" eh?

By the way, I'm on Holiday, and I'm so very bored...



“Mom and Dad can make the rules,
And certain things forbid,
But I can make them wish that they,
 

had never had a kid.” - Bill Watterson



No comments: