Tuesday 3 May 2011

“Never write about a place until you're away from it, because that gives you perspective”
- Ernest Hemingway

The post holiday blues didn't hit me at all, not really (back in 2007 it took me about two months to feel anything like normal again)
What did get to me was the sheer dullness of everything (here). You get used to the new routine of holiday after just a couple of days, the novelty, the excitement, it soon becomes your norm, it seems like it will never end. 
Then, whoomph! and it's back to the creeping grey mundanity of what I laughingly call my life. I'd almost forgotten exactly  how mundane things could get for me, and it's now so lonely to boot. It was nice being with Billie for two weeks and having a kind of companionship, but you know what I really miss? Talking with a grown up. A cynical, sarcastic, funny, witty , and clever grown up. (here he goes again.. yes, more wine has been consumed.)

I went a bit crazy on Amazon Marketplace last night. I didn't really buy (for myself) much on holiday, so in overcompensation I bought a few CDs (a few, more like 12?) .

I checked my holiday photos, and yes, not one of me (I know Billie didn't take any either), so no proof I was ever there.

I'm off to see 'Thor' tomorrow lunchtime, in 3d too!  

Work is still a day or two off, but I'm not dreading it,  much...







“If two people love each other, there can be no happy end to it” - Ernest Hemingway



No comments: