Tuesday 18 October 2011

“The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”

- Ernest Hemingway

The long gap between posts, was for once, not due to lack of content. No the reference to 'important stuff' in my last but one post was namely, the worsening health of Billies Grandma. For the moment, my petty concerns are just that - petty (and even more irrelevant than usual).

About 10 days ago, or so, Billie went with her Mam to visit her in ICCU in Bristol.
She came back home last week ,  her Grandma sadly, died later that same day.
I'm no believer in an afterlife, but I hope she found some ease, some rest.

When she was my my Mother-in-Law, she, like most people, neither liked nor understood me. Things had improved a bit towards the end of my married life, but she was still not a fan I suspect.

Billie is handling her death very well, she really is growing up. She's staying strong for her Mam I suspect, who was very close to her own Mother. They were very alike, in many ways.
Selfishly, Billies support means I'm seeing even less of her than usual, but this is one reason even I can't balk at.
I hope everyone involved can find some peace.

Next time - more of the usual rubbish...


“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master” - Ernest Hemingway






No comments: