Wednesday 23 November 2011

“When I was your age, television was called books.”

Gordon Bennett!
It's been weeks since I 'wrote' anything. Now I bet you're assuming I've been on some crazy wild adventure, and now I'm back to tell you all about it? Absolutely right!

Oh, actually I was thinking of someone else. Bugger all, that's what's happened, and I couldn't be bothered to say it until this chilly Wednesday morning, chilly because my gas is turned off, albeit temporarily.

I had a nasty ear infection, my hearing is only just starting to return in my right ear. For several days I was very worried, however foolishly, that the hearing wouldn't return, honestly. I'd assumed it was wax, and before seeking medical advice had hoked and poked, and plied my ears with all sorts of drops. I was worried I'd actually damaged them, but thankfully, as usual, I was wrong. Just a couple of days ago, I was so dizzy and wobbly that I couldn't even drive.

My 'troubles' at work are still to be resolved, and it seems it'll be weeks, maybe even after Christmas, before any kind of decision is made. I do know that my job is safe at least.

I decided not to even bother with the Christmas Night out this year. Last year I was so miserable that I was back home by 10pm, and I walked! So why even bother? let the transformation to total crazy shut in complete itself (almost, I was out for 50 minutes in July, I seem to recall). I can't tolerate people any more, and people can't tolerate me. Maybe sometimes we get what what we deserve, I don't believe that for one second, but it felt like a good way of finishing...



"There are three golden rules for bringing up children. Alas, no one knows what they are." - Adela Bradley



No comments: