Sunday 19 February 2012

“To get back to my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable”

- Oscar Wilde

I fear for my sanity (details later). So what else is new?

I went back to the Dentist, what seems like weeks ago now (it was, fool!). She said there's nothing to be done and the pain may take months to go away (it's hurting as I type). The downside is hot and cold anything is still agonising, consequently the upside is I'm still losing a bit of weight.

I also had a sudden and unexpected recurrence of the old back problem too (fall at work circa 1995), I spent the majority of the working week in my capital L position, like I think I said recently, hilarious to look at, horrible to experience.

Billies Mother spent half term in New York, good for her, but better for me as Billie Stayed with me for 3 whole nights in a row (this may seem trivial to you, but to me it's a big deal, so there!).
I love her unconditionally, but she really is the archetype of a grumpy, greedy and selfish teenager. Her biggest concern all week was what presents (or if any) he Mam would bring her back!

My beloved car developed it's first problem (clutch), which gave me yet another reason to fret, but it was repaired easily and freely (I still have two years warranty left thankfully). The thing is quite the gas guzzler however, shame.

Work has been very stressful lately. My 'incident' of last year is resolved now, the last thing I had to do was attend an assertiveness course. Anybody out there who actually knows me, will realise that I need more than 3 hours to resolve this particular personality flaw, but it's a start, and probably an end.

There's been a rum bunch of patients too, I can't go into detail, but this sort of thing can get a man down.


Speaking of which, while my depression is technically 'better' if you see what I mean, there are several days each week when I just want to curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out. My biggest problem is probably loneliness, but ironically I can't stand people. That may be a little harsh on myself, but it explains the facts, no friends, no visitors, I can't recall the last time my phone rang for instance. I'm not feeling sorry for myself by the way, these are simply the facts, and they will almost certainly never ever change. So there you go, bye for now...





“The main problem with teenagers is that they're just like their parents were at their age”



No comments: