Friday 21 December 2012

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark.”

- George Carlin

I've been on holiday. As usual I've done nothing, almost literally (breathing is autonomic).
I won't go into details, but I've never felt so worried and anxious, or fretted so much in my life. That knot in my stomach is pretty much a permanent fixture now, resembling a bag of giant pretzels (delicious with mustard).
I can't remember the last time I felt relaxed (that didn't partially involve alcohol at least), or felt like I was actually enjoying myself.
I simply want someone to put their arms around me and tell me everything will be alright - but then again, who doesn't?




Huzzah! - It's the Christmas night out tonight, it will literally be my only social engagement of the year (that doesn't involve my daughter that is).
That may sound like hyperbole, but it's completely true, one week of the year to go, and my first night out, a wildman!


I can't think of any reason (good or bad) not to go (and my how I've tried), so go I (probably) will.
The world is supposed to end today isn't it? The weather is certainly apocalyptic enough. Perfect for a drunken walk home later, is it bad form to take an umbrella?

Be seeing you...

ps a heartfelt happy birthday Barbara !



I Wish I Was In Love Again... from yakkowarner on 8tracks Radio.





“Stupidity has a certain charm - ignorance does not”  


- Frank Zappa








No comments: