Friday 28 December 2012

“Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.”

On Christmas Eve, those oh so prescient powers that be decided to change my ward from Surgical admissions, to care of the elderly.
It's just a shame that we are not staffed for such a change, work has been hell, and it looks like we've got another week of it. A little help would be nice!
(I'd like to go on but I could get in trouble).

Christmas Day, I spent a few hours at my Mams with Billie, before she had to go home for the posher part of the day. It's all right though, at least one of us is happy (a clue, it's not me). I did get some lovely presents from her though, the first time I didn't have to buy it myself and have it delivered to her address (true story).

Boxing Day - nothing happened (at least to me).

Another year I haven't bothered with decorations or festive food (or pretty much any kind of food). there's only been me here so why bother. The last visitor I had was the boiler man back in September.

The bad dreams and anxiety continue.

I have to go to work now, a day of toileting and angry relatives awaits...



“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.” - Dr. Seuss

 


 




No comments: