Thursday 31 July 2014

“A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.”
- Bob Hope

It suddenly occurred to me that this blog was still here unloved and alone (sounds familiar). 

I finally realised / admitted to myself that I was only posting out of self pity, and not serving any real purpose, so hey that's what brings me back tonight!

Things at work have changed beyond recognition. However working in the health service means I can#t discuss any details, partially for confidential reasons, partly because I'm a big scaredy cat. However hardly a day goes by when some new change is introduced, my job today doesn't even resemble what I was doing a year ago. As Uncle Ben (not the rice guy) might have said, with great power comes great responsibility, but sadly not great wages.

I'm still lonely and like always I try not to think of the future too much, in case the anxieties it reveals begin to crush me. I enjoy the things I do, and do the things I enjoy, It would be nice (objectively) if sometimes they took place away from my house now and again.

Billie is currently in Ibiza, I'm not sure she's enjoying as much as she'd hoped she would, but she's only just arrived, and it's her first grown up holiday without one of her parents. I'm sure she'll acclimatise.

We'd planned on one more Florida trip in September, but hope is fading. My credit card was going to take the brunt, but a couple of other factors are threatening the possibility. Stay tuned, as will I, I want to see how this turns out!

If I want a random moan, I usually turn to twitter now. I've only a handful of followers, but like all of modern life it's instant gratification we desire, even if we're unlikely to get it. Blogging like this is akin to a message in a bottle, if you catch my drift (no pun intended).

More if it occurs to me I imagine.


“The point of living and of being an optimist is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come.” - Peter Ustinov

No comments: