Friday 24 July 2009

“It is only the wisest and the stupidest that cannot change.”
- Confucius

"My back to the wall
A victim of laughing chance
This is for me
The essence of true romance"


It's been a long time since my last post (that sounds a bit like a confessional). I had a couple of bad days, you know the usual looking into the abyss kind of thing (actually I just felt a bit depressed) and a long stretch of those awful kind of work days that never seem to arrive alone, only in groups.

I haven't mentioned Barbara in a long time (but I have now I suppose). I think about her a lot, and it hurts still, but one day pain will give way to nostalgia I imagine (I hope). She was the best thing to ever happen to me, and I screwed up royally, it was only my inability to take a gamble (I put that badly, I mean fear of change) that was to blame, but as barriers go, it's a doozy. Self pity, depression, the old themes return, but as I always say it's MY blog and I'll cry if I want too.

More soon I imagine...




“There are three methods to gaining wisdom. The first is reflection, which is the highest. The second is limitation, which is the easiest. The third is experience, which is the bitterest.”

No comments: