Sunday 18 October 2009

“I once saw a forklift lift a crate of forks. And it was way to literal for ME.”
- Mitch Hedberg

"At the age of thirty-seven she realised she'd never;
Ride through paris in a sports car with the warm wind in her hair."


Billie stayed over last night. In what is now our Saturday night routine, she watched X-Factor (ugh!) online, simultaneously on facebook, messenger and her phone, whilst I watched hi definition, 10ft pictures. This led to a (mostly one sided, ie me) chat on what technology I was using when I was her age (er, 1978 for those that are interested. 3 TV channels, one TV in the house, not even a video, and no phone until 1981 !( which partially explains my total lack of interest in mobiles, well that and having no friends anyway). I spent all of my time listening to Radio 4 and going to the library (to borrow books, not just for the sake of the trip - oh and reading them too, oh pedantic reader). Sounding ever more pathetic, but frankly not caring, Christmas 1978, my main present was a calculator! Blimey Charley! I could go on and probably will some time...

Yet another 13 hour shift tomorrow!




“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” - Groucho Marx


No comments: