Tuesday 29 June 2010

"These pretzels are makin' me thirsty!"

"The past is filled with silent joys and broken toys,
laughing girls and teasing boys,"



I've been so tired for the past few weeks. I don't know whether it's those years of insomnia finally catching up with me, the heat, an attempt to escape from the world, my medication, or just sheer bloody laziness, who cares? All I know is I've been nodding off in the middle of the day, nodding off in the evening, well basically I've been doing a lot of nodding of the off variety.


Where was I?

Oh, I had my 'telephone triage' call from a CPN last week, and she was very surprised at the high dose of medication my GP had started me on, very very surprised indeed. The upshot is an apparent explanation for the horrendous side effects. I've now started a lower dose now, and already feel a bit more human (although, once again, that may be a placebo effect?). I also have to attend a 'course' for six weeks, dealing with various mental health issues, to be honest I'm dreading it!

I should really mention that I still haven't returned to work, I am going back later this week however. I don't really feel quite ready for it, but surely the longer I'm off the harder it will become to finally return (but of course my stomach turns over at the mere thought of it).

Apart from the aforementioned sleeping, I cannot quite recall how I've spent these past few weeks. I've seen quite a bit of Billie, which has certainly helped me feel a little cheerier.

I have watched a boatload of 'Seinfeld' DVDs, initially to cheer me up but then I challenged myself to watch all nine seasons again (nearly there!). Surely the best sitcom of them all !

See! an upbeat ending. See you in two weeks?




"I feel like my old self again. Neurotic, paranoid, totally inadequate, completely insecure. It's a pleasure. "
- George Costanza





No comments: