Sunday 4 July 2010

“More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.”
- Chuck Palahniuk

Tonight, I can't sleep. I've given it a go but I just don't feel tired (although it's only 1.30 - in the bad old insomnia days this was still very early!). Why is this interesting, well it's not, but I have been bemoaning nodding off at random moments. Maybe that was just a passing phase too? or maybe there's something on my mind.

I've been up and down this week, but I think the trend is for the positive. If all goes well, I shall be back at work in a few days.
I feel like less of a zombie too, but sadly still so very very unmotivated. (Actually I did do a smidge of diy today, but in truth only because of a delivery coming tomorrow, er later today).

I wish I had something concrete to write about but the last few weeks have been like emerging from a fog. This lacking (of actual events) would have bothered me a whole lot more prior to my new found chemically enhanced state of mind.
I was bemoaning the fact that only chemistry was keeping me 'sane' but as my Brother pointed out to me, maybe it was only a chemical imbalance in the first place, one that's now in check. Who really cares? I'm feeling a lot better.
(My mind has been repeatedly wandering to all things Canadian recently...)



“Many things--such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly--are done worst when we try hardest to do them.” - C.S. Lewis





(the bottom of my street 1933)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really appreciate YOU -- thanks a lot!