Tuesday 13 July 2010

“Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts.”
- Jim Morrison (again)

Well hello there Anonymous!
In all sincerity, it's really really good to know you are still out there! Thanks for your kind words.
How are things with you? Good I hope?

As you've probably noticed, I tend now to post only once a week, more out of old habits than necessity to be honest.
However your comment could not be ignored, in fact It made me feel a little (a lot) better, enough to ramble just a bit ( a lot) more...

(so here we welcome back one of my favourite topics of old)

If you'd seen me on Sunday gone, you could have easily mistaken me for Robinson Crusoe, but only after he'd let himself go a bit (a lot). My last haircut was in January, and despite my recent resolve, I hadn't shaved in more than two weeks. Combined with the torn and ragged shapeless 'clothes' I favour these day (joke, mostly) . I resembled a sort of more lethargic 'Dude' (as in 'The Big Lebowski'), but with a tad less self consciousness.

Yesterday I thought I'd get an haircut in preparation for returning to work. So I did. Later that day however, Billie told me it was a little lopsided, and a quick check in the mirror indeed revealed a little Phil Oakeyish asymmetry going on, only a little mind.
So I popped back to the barber today, She was very apologetic as you can imagine. Sadly the relopped longer side was just the perfect length, ho hum.
In relating the story to my Mam today, she informed me that she had noticed too, but didn't want to upset me by actually telling me, typical of my Mam!

Billie and I watched 'The Breakfast Club' today, amazingly I had never seen it before. I'm a bit too old to 'love it' but Billie thought it was fantastic, she especially raved about Antony Michael Hall. We love watching 80s movies together (especially Ferris Bueller) so next time it's 'St Elmos Fire' (which I also never got around to seeing, back 'in the day'!). See that was a nice ending eh?
Don't expect this level of upbeatitude next time!
Bye...



“You're only has good as your last haircut.” - Fran Lebowitz




No comments: