Sunday 12 June 2011

"The sun is shining... But the ice is slippery."

Well, as I suspected , deep, deep down, nothing came of that complaint (yet!). It didn't stop it being a genuine worry for a few days however, and remember I wasn't to blame, I was just in the right place at the wrong time, if you will.

You remember that scene in the Rod Taylor version of 'The Time Machine' , the one where the days start flying by, the sun becoming just a blur in the sky? Well the past few weeks have been a little like that (not very much, to be honest, although I have spent most of that time in a quilted smoking jacket) in that somehow I've arrived here, in the present and I almost can't remember the journey. I suppose that's just a convoluted way of saying I'm bored. I really need something to break the monotony (sadly though, mostly I enjoy it), but we've been here several times before, haven't we?

There's a few things I'd really really like to get off my chest, but let's face it, this is such a public arena, that I can never really be completely open here, I can only give a flavour.
Also, it's not a real dialogue is it? more a mild catharsis (at best) or childish bleatings (at worst).
Remember about 90% of all my 'posts' arrive after a stressful shift at work (or preceding a perceived one) or following an oh so tasty alcoholic beverage.

I can't remember the point I was trying to make. 

Big sigh...




"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay! The Shadow knows," 

No comments: