Thursday 5 January 2012

“Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.”

Will this damned wind ever stop? and which part of my house will fall off first?

Moving on.
I still haven't seen Billie since Christmas Day! What a stretch, eh?
I'm picking her up from school tomorrow, in 'useful' Dad mode, of course I'd rather be in 'Dad that I'd like to just see, whilst actually still on holiday' mode, but you have to take what you can get eh?

I was a bit upset to see that the 'Jaws' ride at Universal Studios in Orlando closed down. I've many a fond memory of that ride and its environs, I'm glad that Billie and I got to go on it one last time in April of last year.

I'm feeling, well, 'stressed' may be the best way to put it. Work is a slog, both physically and mentally, and everything else seems well not quite pointless (actually , yes pointless), but simply an effort. I can't seem to concentrate or focus on anything, and I've been troubled by a new selection of headaches and bodily aches and pains (which I'm sure are all psychological in origin, except the return of the frozen shoulder, watching me attempt to put on an apron at work must be hilarious).
I've yet to return to full blown insomnia, but my sleep is restless and plagued by nightmares.
My own body seems to be on a sabotage mission, finally teaming up with what I laughingly call my 'mind' I suspect.
The good thing is this unease and listlessness is keeping me away from shopping, thereby saving me calories and money! silver lining eh?

I wanted to say something upbeat and optimistic to end.
Struggling...


End of line...


mine came without the shag.... shame...



“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.”  - Abraham Lincoln




No comments: