Sunday 27 May 2012

“Many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese - toasted, mostly.”

- Robert Louis Stevenson

What a dull week, or a holiday as I call it.

Plus the weather has been lovely, which makes sitting here all the worse.
When I had a nice garden, back in the old country, I never ever used it (except when ordered to cut the grass). Now that I have no 'outside', so to speak, all I want to do of a sunny day is go sit outside and read my book - a cruel thing, the mind. 
I'd go sit in a park, if modern sensibilities didn't mean a  middle aged man alone in a park is obviously up to no good.

And to think, I used to look down on people who sat on their front steps on a sunny day, at least they have steps.
Still it could be worse.
Oh, it is,
I'm back on nights on Tuesday, oh dear...





“Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” - P.J. O'Rourke

No comments: