Saturday 9 February 2013

“A Daughter is a Little Girl who grows up to be a Friend”

I'm still struggling with sciatica. Work has been difficult, but not impossible, standing up is a slow process, and as for socks...

Actually being at work has been surprisingly pleasant, this new ward, albeit temporary, is heaven compared to what the ward that was had become. It's also so small it's like working in a pavilion at Epcot, a tiny representation of something much much bigger.

Mentally, I feel flat, flat..
Things that would have ramped up my anxiety a few weeks ago, merely annoy me now. I don't feel happy, but despondent I'm not, for now at least.

However I had a really lovely evening at the Metrocentre with Billie, and that has lifted my spirits, albeit temporarily.
She bought a really expensive pair of shoes, and I a £1.50 CD from what's left of HMV. I've just finished a bottle of wine too, so I'm uncharacteristically upbeat, plus it's about 2am to boot.

I finally got around to watching my blu ray of "Pillow Talk" I love that film! I've watched a lot of films recently.
I really enjoyed "Argo", finally watched "The Bicycle Thieves" (wonderful), "Miracle in Milan" (not quite so good), and "The Master", which disappointed me, a lot.
Wow, it's come to this - one word tipsy film reviews at two in the morning.


Tomorrow, back to "normal" I imagine...




“Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes, they forgive them” - Oscar Wilde

 

 

 

 

 





No comments: