Thursday 31 January 2013

“I think I'll have a large order of prognosis negative.”
- Bette Davis

Sorry for the long gap between posts, I ain't been well, in any sense.
That crisis of despair that I assume was due to the medication, has , thankfully, passed.
I feel numb, but well, a bit better. Certainly much less anxious. I'm still having some side effects, but I don't want to go into the gory details...

Hello anonymous no 2, thanks for your kind words. "Original" anonymous, namely Andrea, I often pondered what had become of you, and I'm so glad to hear that you're happy. I hope that one day I can find that peace of mind, and maybe even contemplate some kind of relationship.

My appetite returned, but I constantly feel not just tired, but exhausted. I spent my days off just dozing, and mildly fretting. Still it's a vast improvement over how I was feeling only a week or so ago. I still haven't had any contact from mental health services about my CBT, this is similar to what happened the two previous times I needed help - apparent initial interest , then a total lack of follow up.

Work has changed completely. I arrived on shift last Saturday to find a complete set of strangers on shift. Whilst on my days off most of the staff on my ward had been moved to new, smaller accommodation. Luckily (literally, since apparently it was names in a hat) I was amongst their numbers. That was my last shift on a ward I'd worked on since 1994! Bye old pal...

The new ward is just two bays on another unit. The number of staff per shift is half that of the old place, and resources are well, limited, at best.
At least I'm better off than those those unfortunate souls that were 'left behind', there's a lot of bitterness and resentment been created there - nuff said.



“I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair.” - Bette Davis

I watched "Brainstorm" last night. Did you know Natalie Wood was only five feet tall?

No comments: