Sunday 26 November 2006

nostalgia #1


If you're of an age like myself (which will remain undiscussed) you may remember the scarcity of available broadcast TV. What am I talking about? In the 70's (UK at least) There were 3 (count 'em) TV channels. They started broadcasting about midday (except of course "programmes for schools" - loved the clock counting down the seconds - I'm rambling) and ended at maybe midnight. The upshot was that the quality of the shows was uniformly higher ( or am I just a nostalgic old fool?) flicking through satellite TV channels can become a negative feedback loop resulting in reading a book ( so not all bad eh?)

I've Just commenced watching the Adam Adamant DVD boxset, and so groovy and fantastic is it that I now want a cape and swordstick of my very own ( swinging 60's "bird" assistant would be nice too!) , unfortunately the local Neds (Chavs) would probably kick my bloody head in. Nethertheless recommended viewing ( and very cheap at CD-WOW!)

No comments: