Thursday 30 November 2006

Plink Plink Fizz...



Well I don't feel like moaning tonight (could be the half of bottle of red - I don't get out much). I must mention Never Mind the Buzzcocks (BBC2 UK). Don't get me wrong I really like Mark Lamarr - He is excellent on Radio 2, especially Alternative Sixties (couldn't stand him on The Word though) but he just wasn't enjoying this show anymore, it was looking tired, very tired. The new presenter, Simon Anstell - I didn't really know a lot about him (I'm a little old for T4 for goodness sake)but he has really shone in this his first full (six shows I ask you) season. I like the fact he doesn't seem to care who he upsets. Tonight's final show was perhaps the best I've seen - it was like eavesdropping on someone elses party . Lily Allen is lovely isn't she ( I know I'm old enough to be her Father - {Just}) , like a little tiny Shirley Manson (no I'm not a monomaniac) with a bottle of hair dye ( I wish I could find a decent comparison photo (pauses to scour google images - fails) its not just the eyeliner either, maybe it's the goggly eyes!( I like goggly eyes!). Oh... and Amy Winehouse last week ... Priceless

I must say I'm enjoying the Third Season of House. I used to love " A bit of Fry and Laurie" (box set available exclusively from Amazon). Hugh Laurie's House character is a world away from his ineffectual/fop persona of that show (and Jeeves and Wooster I suppose). I'm a teensy bit bored with the character , but the current (Spoiler Ahead UK fans) story involving David Morses' driven cop is refreshing , but we all know that House will somehow escape justice and make up with Wilson. - not enjoying Stephen Fry's Twining ads however!

excuse me I'm off to finish the bottle - Goodnight.

No comments: