Wednesday 12 September 2007

"Reality continues to ruin my life." -
Bill Watterson

It's that time AGAIN! disastrous haircut season! I finished work unexpectedly and on the way home I popped into a barbershop I had never used before. Looking around at the mostly middle eastern clientele, I kind of got the feeling that longer hair on a man might have been a bit of a novelty to them. When he got out the dreaded thinning scissors, my fears were confirmed and he'd let loose on my already vanishing hair before I could protest. Too late!

I've spent the last few minutes with brush and hairdryer, and I've done my best to at least approximate it's former glory (I would have left it very long, but as a Nurse I have to follow a uniform policy). Needless to say I'm not going there again! Ironically as my hair thins with age, it is growing much quicker, so by the time I go to visit Barbara, it may be at least "alright". Tune in in about 10 weeks for the next chapter in my exciting hairstyles adventure!!!



"So, what's it like in the real world? Well, the food is better, but beyond that, I don't recommend it." - Bill Watterson

No comments: