Friday 23 November 2007

“Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.” -
Steven Wright

Despite feeling pretty good last night, as soon as it came time to go to bed, I felt so alone, and so cold! You may think I'm wallowing in self pity, and I am, but isn't that what blogs are? personal?

The flight from Amsterdam to Vancouver was about 10 hours, but the journey to a destination is, for me at least, shortened somewhat by the excitement of arriving (and of course the trip home is correspondingly lengthened!)

I was only a few rows back from business class, and those empty seats seemed such a crime to us sardines in economy! The on board entertainment was excellent. I assume it was like a giant DVR, with a huge selection of TV shows, movies, and music, plus some fairly decent games, and that map view that I love (although I could have done without the accompanying Muzak!) The drinks were plentiful too (I don't mean just alcohol!). I suddenly realised about an hour or two into the flight, that I'd forgot to put on my flight socks! I'd wished I hadn't worn lace up converse boots as I struggled in the toilet to get into my protection against a rogue blood clot!)

more soon...


Stick with this clip, it's long but fascinating!





“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.” - Groucho Marx

No comments: