Monday 22 February 2010

"Do you have Soul?"
"That all depends".

"If you are looking for disappointment
You can find it around any corner"


Quite some time has passed eh? Is there a good reason for this? Well, er, no, just apathy mixed with a dash of laziness, and a whole mess of 'what's the point?'.
but here goes ;

First It looked like something was going to happen to me there for a minute, but in an attempt to be completely upfront about what I like to call 'my personality' I may have taken good first impressions to a new all time low, or bad first impressions to an all time high , you decide!
Nothing ventured eh? I shall remain beguilingly vague on the matter.
Amazingly I actually spent a big part of the week planning what seemed like a bargain holiday next week to, of all places - Las Vegas! (yes you read that correctly!).
However despite all my planning the bargain price had blinded me to one fact, a thirty hour travelling time (that's thirty there and another thirty back, so I suppose that's actually sixty- duh!).
Even though I'm travel starved, I just couldn't face a twelve hour overnight wait at JFK (that sounds pretty cosmopolitan doesn't it?), amongst other waiting highlights, so I'm simply not going. A more reasonable time of 17 hours was later found but it was 50% more pounds, and I simply can't afford it.
I always recall a Viz 'top tip' from about 20 years ago - "half the fun is planning the holiday, so this year I'm planning two, and staying at home".

I woke up a few days ago with a mouthful of cold sores (which means I'm tired or stressed, or more likely both). To be honest I looked like the winner of a cheese on toast marathon. thankfully they are almost gone. Now why did I feel the need to write that down eh?



what a terrible trailer for such a great film!


"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" (yes I watched 'High Fidelity' tonight)


No comments: