Sunday 7 February 2010

“One always speaks badly when one has nothing to say”
- Voltaire

"I got the message and the message is clear,
I really really really really wish you were here"


Well here's a thing, I had a nice day! Billie stayed last night. we had a pleasant trip t' MetroCentre where neither of us bought anything, although an emergency stop at Sainburys did yield an excellent Northern Soul Box Set for me (CDs are of course my ongoing addiction). The good part (at least for me) is that since Billie is currently grounded for misdemeanours, she consequently had nowhere to go the following day, we slobbed around watching TV, generally doing nothing much, which I really enjoyed.

So there you go, I had a pleasant day with my Daughter, and only now as bedtime approaches and the darkness of midnight begins to slide its ever comfortable arms around me, do I find my mind wandering to its old concerns and hang-ups. But at least I know I'm still capable of feeling happy, somewhere deep deep down...



(a cover of a track from one of my all time favourite movies... any guesses philistines?)

“I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry.” - Cat Stevens



No comments: