Thursday 11 February 2010

"I'm afraid sometimes you'll play lonely games too, games you can't win because you'll play against you"

"They come on like they're peaceful
But inside they're so uptight
They trip through their day
And waste all their thoughts at night"



Well here I am, and once again it's not for the content, more the illusion of sharing. It's after midnight, I don't want to go to bed yet, I'm relatively sober, but something feels comforting about visiting the old blog tonight. Nothing continues to happen.

The highlight of my week thus far has been watching the last few episodes of True Blood in one sitting. Like all beloved entertainment, we want it all at once, even though we know it will be months before there's anything new. Only 7 months until season 3 ! And whilst in a TV frame of mind, this weeks 'House' was an interesting failure. I'm all for format busting, but 45 minutes of storyless bureaucracy (it was a Cuddy-centric episode) is hardly riveting, unlike last years Wilson episode (and that's not me being sexist).

The Vancouver Olympics start tomorrow, and In an alternate universe Billie and myself would be attending. Once upon a time that was actually true, but now long forgotten. It's half term next week to boot ;“The best laid schemes o' mice and men Gang aft a-gley; And leave us naught but grief and pain For promised joy”
Be seeing you,
squeak, squeak, squeak...




“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.” - George Burns


No comments: