Saturday 27 October 2012

"A still tongue makes a happy life"

What a dreadful day at work. I feel wrecked, both physically and especially mentally*.
I want to curl up into a ball and cry myself into numbness . Instead I'm going to bed, the whole shebang starts again in 6 hours.
At least the ward is staying open, for the near future at least, though everyone seems to sense the dark shadowy threat, that always seems to be on the periphery of the conscious mind. Or I could be talking complete crap, again.

I feel desolately lonely tonight. I didn't get in until 9.30pm, after a bath and a slice of toast, well it's pretty much time for bed. But it's so darn cold, that's probably for the best. I hope it doesn't rain tonight, otherwise I'll spend the next few hours listening for that slow dripping, I really should get someone to check that roof out, shouldn't I...


I've made some bad decisions, I've made some absolutely stinking decisions (one in particular). In fact decisions have never really been my thing. One of the few good things about being married, was that most of them were made for me, and I'm not being cynical, that actually was mostly a good thing. Even a little crisis has me banjaxed.What a loss to heterosexual womankind I am!



*Nothing to do with work btw, I'm just feeling very very miserable. I can't remember the last time my mood rose to anything higher than despondent, on the happy sad continuum (only joking, I got up to "pensive" just the other day.)
Maybe if I'd invested some of my life into making a few friends, or leaving the house to go somewhere other than work, I might feel a bit better (gee you think?).




No comments: