Thursday 4 October 2012

“This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

- Winston Churchill

No news, still awaiting details, everything will change. Oh dear.

I'm quite intoxicated,  it stops me dwelling on what is happening. This big change , plus a whole lot of littler ones, have me feeling quite quite low. On Monday night lying awake I was mentally composing suicide notes. Whilst two years ago this was akin to serious business, this week was merely an extreme exercise in self pity.

My job is sadly what defines me.  I've no friends outside of work, and only an indifferent family. Consequently my long (long) time colleagues are the nearest things to friends I have. If we are split up I'll miss them, and the role I've been performing for so long, it's what defines me, one of the last part of a puzzle, whose pieces have been vanishing, one by one, for the last few years.
You can't even tell what the picture is supposed to be now. (talk about stretching a metaphor to infinity... and beyond)

Ultimately I'm pointless...






“We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”



No comments: