Friday 1 December 2006

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


I've just checked my weekly charts on Last FM. I fell asleep in front of the computer the other night (this is not an uncommon event) I was listening to Emo Phillips, and whilst I slept the track was repeating, now it's my most played track - oh dear (three other tracks in my top 10 are also sleep induced).
We all secretly want to look cool (to varying degrees). I find myself sometimes skipping music tracks so they don't appear on my charts,(although at other times I couldn't care less). Sometimes those guilty pleasures slip through (like the Lazytown soundtrack!!). I play most of my music at random using the marvellous mediamonkey, I really can't recommend this player enough. You know the urban myth about the ipod shuffle feature ( I don't own an ipod by the way, but apparently it tends to dwell on certain artists) well on shuffle mediamonkey seems to favour anything by Elvis and (rather bizarrely) the Soundtrack to UFO (great old Gerry Anderson show for you youngsters) out of the thousands of tracks available.

I wish 1980 had been like the above mentioned TV show. I'd have loved a nehru suit and gull winged door car (oh hang on I was too young to drive - honest)

No comments: