Wednesday 15 August 2007

“I'm just glad to be feeling better. I really thought I'd be seeing Elvis soon.” - Bob Dylan

Another mini rant I'm afraid.

I called the Indian call centre, at a reasonable 25p per minute. They insisted an engineer call again, today, so once again I sit and wait. You can guess what happened next. Rather like toothache vanishing on the way to the Dentist, my Internet connection has re-appeared and whilst not blistering, seems reasonably solid.

It was amazing how wretched a lack of a connection made me feel. Alright it wasn't life threatening, in a world of war and famine. But I live a relatively solitary life, and to hear my daughter crying on my voice mail because she couldn't get through to say goodnight to me, was, well rather upsetting. Plus not being able to track Barbara's amazing California adventures was making me feel so alone.

I seem to have picked up a chest infection. Being a typical man, I feel wretched.

How did Elvis align his drug use and womanising, with his strong religious views? It only occurred to me as I'm listening to his gospel album at the moment. Don't get me wrong I love Elvis, especially the 68 Comeback Special version!



(I have the three disc DVD set - it's fantastic)

“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” - Bob Dylan


No comments: