Monday 23 June 2008

“Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.”
- Robert Frost

I'm off out later for the first time since Barbara went home. To be absolutely honest I had no intention of going. It's one of my colleagues "leaving do", well not strictly leaving, but off to maternity leave. I've known her for maybe 14 years, so it's not as if she's a casual acquaintance, I just don't feel very sociable, not in the slightest. However she rang me up earlier, to offer me a lift. Now it's one thing not going and saying afterwards, I was a bit "off colour", but it's another matter entirely to say I'm not coming to her face, er almost. You never know I might enjoy it! Now why did she pick a swanky and pricey restaurant and on a FRIDAY night? Now I have to go out amongst the drunken and predominantly young masses that I usually do so much to avoid!

This week I've begun a "Due South" marathon, I'd forgotten how much I liked this show!



The third season replacement "Ray" Callum Keith Rennie , was born in Sunderland and raised in Canada, interesting eh?

“We drive into the future using only our rear view mirror.” - Marshall McLuhan


No comments: