Sunday 22 June 2008

“Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did”

Note to future self - I'm only dealing with fluff and nonsense now, because I don't want to begin that cycle of self loathing and negativity that plagued me for years. I am self confessed as mildly dense and not even able to explain my motivations to myself, but this seems like the right thing to do at the moment. Yet the elephant remains.


On a lighter note - We discovered a colleague (who I shall mysteriously name J) unresponsive, convulsing, and lying in vomit (it turned out to be Labyrinthitis later, but looked much more serious at the time). We got him to A/E and he returned a few hours later, staggering down the corridor, unaccompanied, uniform open , half covered in coffee ground vomit. Any observers must have thought we're a bunch of drunks! (how close, how close). Then he had the nerve to go home sick!

Sadly George Carling passed away today, one of my favourite stand ups, so both quotes are from him today.




“Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...”

No comments: