Saturday 18 April 2009

The Weekend Starts Here!

"I keep you close,
In my wildest dreams,

My rear-view mirror,
And you're waving to me,
Our last goodbye"

I was looking forward to tonight. (it's Friday)
Note the word 'was'.
I was the first to arrive at the restaurant (one of my Filipino Colleagues handed over for me). There were only seven of us. Maybe there was something about the place (see earlier post) but more likely it was me being a misanthrope.
I'm not an easy person to like. Likewise I'm not easy to get to know. I suffer fools not at all and everyone else can pretty much go to hell. But for whatever reason I couldn't loosen up and as soon as the meal was over , I made my excuses and left for the lonely and sober walk home. The walk in itself was both educational and a little scary, passing various examples of Sunderlands fine drunken Friday nighters, I was very glad and relieved to get home.

Since I'm averaging one night out every four months, then I should be going out again in August - bring it on!





This clip is so fantastic, please watch it all the way through!

“At the request of the Catholic Church, a three-day sex orgy to be held near Rio de Janeiro was cancelled last Friday. So instead I spent the weekend cleaning my apartment.” - Tina Fey


No comments: