Wednesday 3 March 2010

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"It's fare thee well my old lover,
I never expect to see you again ,

For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad,
Perhaps I'll die upon this train. "

Well, how's my 'holiday' going? quickly, that's how!
You may remember the slight return of my leaky roof about six weeks ago? no? fair enough. Anyhow yesterday I finally got around to painting over the stain. For some stupid reason I started after it got dark , and by the light of a single bulb I started clearing the shelves and disassembling my computer. After about four hours of almost nude decorating (don't ask) it was done. I felt as though I'd achieved something.
Of course in the light of day, it was obvious I'd missed most of the stain (despite using 'special' paint). I was simply too lazy to move my computer, desk, wires aplenty, and all the toys from the shelves, so I did what any lazy man would do, sellotaped a roller to a long piece of wood and painted around everything as best I could. With total disregard for curtains et al! As long as you don't stare at it it looks okay!
Billie said her exams were 'hard'. I can't tell if this was 'hard, but do-able' or 'hard and a disaster', but we have to wait till June to find out!

We spent a happy few hours playing ' Beatles Rock Band' after school. Since I won't be seeing the 'Cirque Du Soleil' Beatles show in Las Vegas now, it was an holiday treat to myself (only £50, with instruments). In short we are both quite rubbish, but we had fun!

Hopefully I'm off to York tomorrow to visit my Brother in Law in hospital. It occurs to me the last time I was there was two years ago, when I visited with Barbara. It's a cliche I know, but where does the time go?

I've just eaten half a carton of 'wasabe' pringles - delicious!

Back to my usual miserable self next time I imagine...




(I finally got their greatest hits album from amazon - it's fabulous!)



"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?" - Steven Wright

No comments: