Saturday 27 March 2010

“"I'm afraid sometimes you'll play lonely games too,
games you can't win because you'll play against you"”

"I was wondering
If you smiled today?

Or if you had something
Nice to say? Or did you send out love
In any way?"

Well, needless to say I didn't write any letters, to anybody.

Also another week where I only see Billie once ! (no fault of her own though)

My Dad gave me a Vancouver keyring this week. Heaven knows where he got it from, but it was a nice thought, even though just knowing it's in my pocket makes me sad.

Speaking of my Dad, I know that many many times I've bemoaned how we don't get on (oh you noticed, did you?) but for once that's not what's on my mind. Over the last few months he has been visibly dwindling and becoming more and more frail. His appetite is practically nil, and he's always been thin (lucky so and so). I'm really worried contemplating what the next few months might hold for him.

In a similar vein, I'm suddenly feeling very old myself. Sad to think that all the good stuff in life is behind me now, so many wasted opportunities, so much wasted time. At least I've got nostalgia to keep me going.


Nighty night!




“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” - Dr.Seuss



No comments: