Saturday 14 August 2010

“If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime.”
- Swedish Proverb

Today has not been a good day. I got out of bed early, as has been my habit these last few months. However something , maybe the weather (it rained all day!), maybe the day (Fridays seem to get me very down these past few weeks), whatever I knew it was one of those days where my dressing gown would play a large role. I never left the house today, and save for a couple of boiled eggs, I haven't eaten anything. Tonight, I downed a whole bottle of red wine, and that as usual led to a self pitying post. For the first time in a long while I contemplated the end of my amusingly titled "life". Feeling sorry for myself? you bet, but who else will? My daughter is at the time of her life when parents are simply embarrassing, my family regard me as the guy who rants about nothing of any consequence, and consequently interrupts 'bargain hunt'.
Obviously I didn't "end it all", I'm probably too much of a coward. I listened to music, read some of my book, and watched an escapist movie or two. I Imagine tomorrow will be essentially the same. Ho hum...

Eventually something has to change, for better or worse - stay tuned.



“When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box” - Italian proverb



No comments: