Monday 23 August 2010

“Men become old, but they never become good”

"Well, as they drove off, they were crying,
And no one can know for sure,
If that is why they didn't see,
The sign that said 'Detour'."


Monday morning, earlyish. I had yet another horrible nightmare (are there any other kind?).

It's recent enough to be still hanging around my psyche. If this was a film, then it would be my subconscious offering up clues to a long forgotten, or never noticed mystery. But it isn't, it's just another nightmare. 

I mentioned the potential optimism of mornings last week. It seems that doesn't apply to today, the day ahead is pressing down on me , making me struggle for breath, at least for a moment or two. No plans, no desires, nowhere to go, and no-one to not do it with. 
I'm a fun guy.

Billie stayed over on Saturday night. Her Blackberry never left her hand, but more interestingly it rarely stopped pinging alerts, or buzzing merrily to itself. She had something like 25 friend requests on (although I use the term 'friend' very loosely in relation to Facebook). In contrast , I deleted my 'profile' a couple of months ago, and no-one noticed. I haven't heard my phone ring in weeks. However I did get a text last week, it was my phone bill. 







“Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.” - Oscar Wilde



2 comments:

Danyelle A. Galvan said...

I loved this!!! It was AWESOME thanks for Sharing your Thoughts!!!

-DG :)

Billy Hopkinson said...

Thanks very much. I don't think any of my miserable outpourings have ever been described as "awesome", but as 'they' say, apparently, there's a first time for everything