Saturday 3 September 2011

“Anyone who works is a fool. I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.”

- Robert Morley

I drove down a rarely travelled (at least by me) road today. 
Since I last passed that way, a school had been demolished, and was obviously being developed for housing. When I was still married, I could see this school in the distance from my bedroom window, but that isn't the important part of my rambling. It suddenly popped into my head that I'd been in that school before. It was over 20 years ago, when I was a Student Nurse, and I followed a Community Nurse around for a few weeks. I was a lot thinner and had a huge quiff. I must have looked quite amusing to the pupils, they followed me around and called me 'Mr Nurse' as if it was the funniest thing ever. It probably was. I was a much nicer person then, before the first of several rots set in.

You once again find me in quite a foul mood. Apart from the usual mental illness issues, I am stony broke,and my beloved projector has packed in again. Furthermore I'm feeling spectacularly alone and isolated, especially these past few days (which I like to call my days off). The only time I saw Billie this week (and now it'll be the only time I see her) was a 10 minute lift to a party last night, and the return trip this morning. Now as is her wont, she's away again on a trip, and then back to School next week. What a Summer we've had together. You're more likely to see me smiling than I am to see her, ie, not very much at all.

I know, I know...


I've got their one album, and it's really really good...


“We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever.” -Carl Sagan

 

No comments: