Monday 5 March 2012

“A perpetual holiday is a good working definition of hell.”

- George Bernard Shaw

As usual, nothing much to say, just feeling a litle lonely I suppose, lonely and bored.

My computer caught a virus yesterday. I'm so very careful about these things, I was just unlucky. Anyway, I've spent the best part of a day getting it back to a useable state. I lost a few things, and it's sluggish at best, but I was so lost without it, LOST I tell ya!
What did we do before the Internet, did anything even exist pre 1994 (year I bought my first modem, £220 !!!).

I shall continue to nurse my ageing machine back to an approximation of health ( I really need a new desktop, and Billie would love a new laptop).

I've just watched 'Midnight In Paris' which is probably why my spirits are relatively good. What a fun, uplifting movie. Of course the way the story would develop was plain to see for all from the first few scenes, but the journey was such a delight!

I've drank far too much this week. I've really no excuse, apart from being on holiday. Two of the main functions of work, at least for me (which I've stated many times before) is to make me appreciate my time off, and to give me a reason (ie early starts) not to drink. The fact that I can decide not drink before an early shift is the only thing reassuring me that alcoholism is not (yet) an imminent problem for me. Ain't I cheery?

Bloggers spell check is not working (at least for me) at the moment, so I apologise for any errors...

(two hours later, all back to normal, feeling very anxious, and quite nauseous, it's 2.30 am, that's more like it...)




“If all the year were playing holidays, to sport would be as tedious as to work.” - William Shakespeare 

 

No comments: