Friday 2 March 2012

“Nothing's impossible for those who don't have to do it”

In a rather predictable episode of self pity, I was reading some old posts a few nights ago. They made me actually nostalgic for my own life , fancy that.
More importantly, I was struck by how upbeat I sounded, I talked about stuff, and even through in the occasional (attempted) joke. That guy was optimistic I tell you!

Last night I watched 'Mulholland Drive', finally. It's been dust collecting for quite a while. Like Mark Twain sort of said, a classic is something everyone claims to have read, but no one actually wants to read. Some movies are like that, they seem a chore (until watched at least) hence the lure of the blockbuster, with no thinking required, moving on I gave it a whirl...

Well it certainly made me think, a lot, and I went to bed very very disturbed.
Since no one's reading this and no one cares about an 11 year old film, spoilers don't apply. The bulk of the story was, apparently, the aspirational dream of a human failure. What could have happened, what should have happened. A life in decline re-imagined as a life in ascendance.

That's pretty much every dream I've had for the past 10 years...


“To be wrong is nothing unless you continue to remember it” - Confucius

I detect a hint of photoshop...

No comments: