Saturday 31 March 2012

“This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible. This was terrible with raisins in it.”

- Dorothy Parker

Not quite a recurring nightmare, more a recurring theme - decay. I always seem to be scraping at bits of my imaginary house, shoring bits up or waiting an imminent collapse. For some reason my ex wife often makes an appearance too. I don't think this means I want a reconciliation, not by any means, just that I probably want to go back to a time when things were stable, literally and figuratively, and where the best part of my life was in front of me, not way way back in the far far distance. Enough.

Anyway these nightmares seem to inform my emotional mood for the rest of the day. Which means combined with starting work very soon, Billy will be very grumpy this Saturday (and yesterdays post seemed quite upbeat, for a moment).





“This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.”

No comments: