Thursday 5 July 2007

"Come quietly or there will be... trouble!"

Just stopping by!

Mysteriously my burglar alarm started working again a few minutes ago, 48 hours after it's malfunction, can't be long for this world then? My back (actually more hip really) continues to give me jip (is that how you spell jip?). It all goes back to a fall I had at work a long time ago, on a wet floor (no sign!). These days I would probably get a cheque for £8000 and my own TV advert, but it was about 10 years ago before these litigious times.

Dilemma - I am in desperate need of a new PC (my geriatric computer is three years old for goodness sake!). However I'd really like a new TV too. I can only afford one, and it'll be years before I can afford the other, so I'm currently humming and hawing (is that an expression?). Whatever I buy, it'll almost certainly be replaced by a better, faster, and cheaper model , within hours of my purchase.





“My first rule of consumerism is never to buy anything you can't make your children carry.”
- Bill Bryson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont you just hate it when technology goes too quickly, it takes all the pleasure away from getting something, because you are always left with that sneaking suspicion that if you'd just waite one more month you'd have got one half the price and twice the spec.

*sighs*