Tuesday 3 July 2007

“It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature.”

I am in a bad, bad mood. Stand by for miserabilism.
You know I have tinnitus, and I cannot sleep without the radio. The radio suddenly stopped at 6am and it woke me up. To cut a long story short, there had been a power cut, and when the power was restored, off went my burglar alarm, for hours, until I figured out how to disconnect it! (plus my back is playing up, so I was limping to work in the rain, with an unprotected house!). Boo Hoo.

The worst was yet to come however. Simply during the handover, we had blood up the walls in one side room, and an arrest in a bay. Two cases of diarrhoea followed (that's patients not me!) plus a succession of rude and "in yer face" relatives. Listen lady, if your son has chosen to drink so much that his pancreas has turned to mush, and then he chooses to discharge himself, how exactly is that MY fault? Then admission after admission, I've dished out so much morphine today.
I could go into further details of other incidents but the need for brevity and confidentiality stops me right here.



(Ah! Christmas 1981, a wonderful time)

“I was at this restaurant. The sign said "Breakfast Anytime." So I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.” - Steven Wright


No comments: